ODISHA BIENNALE 2017 IS NOW ACCEPTING ENTRIES FOR PERFORMANCE WORKS
ODISHA BIENNALE 2017 invites choreographers/dancers to apply for the performance works that is a part of the ODISHA BIENNALE 2017 with the theme ‘body± cloth=’. “Performance Works” is a platform for young choreographers/dancers to showcase their creative talents to the national and international audience. The key purpose is to increase the national and international touring opportunities for emerging performing arts groups and artists.
Submissions are now open to perform in the “Performance Works” during ODISHA BIENNALE 2017 on 1st November.
We offer complimentary workshops by internationally acclaimed dancers/choreographers who are participating in ODISHA BIENNALE 2017 to the selected choreographers/dancers.
Any dancers/choreographers can apply to ODISHA BIENNALE 2017. A total of 4 works will be selected to be performed on 1st Nov 2017.
Successful applicants will benefit from:
• Work performed on the stage of ODISHA BIENNALE 2017.
• Technical and marketing support, including 2 technicians to run the performance.
• Inclusion in ODISHA BIENNALE 2017 website and related social media, and post journal.
• Local transport, accommodation on the day of the performance.
• Any artist staying in abroad, we will reimburse/cover at least partially the international travel costs for the selected participants.
• Apply by Monday 31st July, midnight.
• Notice of accepted artists by 15th Aug.
• Rehearsal from 6:30 am-8:30 am on 1st Nov.
• Performance on 1st Nov 2017 from 18:00-19:30
As a young BIENNALE, we are still getting funding bodies and sponsors into place and our team works through the year to find people who might be willing to partner with us on the same. We only cover the cost of the accommodation, venue rental, technical (light and sound) and technical crew, publicity and marketing for your work as a part of Odisha Biennale 2017. We are not able to provide for the international/domestic travel and freight expenses to get you to India for the performance. We strongly advise applying to your local art funding bodies to cover the expenses. Should your inquiry a letter of support after your selection for the festival, feel free to contact us for any assistance.
Odisha Biennale strives to set up a dynamic hub for current ideas and an open society that encourages freedom of expression, creates a brand new Asian view of art.
Fill in this https://goo.gl/fGwFaJ form and send it to odishabiennale(at)gmail.com, we will do our best to guide you through the entire process and if you have any queries, please feel free to contact us at odishabiennale(at)gmail.com.